Below are the current vacancies at langside church:
Children and Families Community Worker
Location: G42, Glasgow
Wage: £24,630 (pro rata), £12.60 per hour
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term, 9 months
Start Date: TBC
Responsible to: Minister
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to develop our work with children and families both within the church and in the wider community. The postholder will explore and research the needs of families and young people in the community and continue to develop a programme of regular activities for them which serve as points of contact between community and church. He/she will also continue to develop the co-ordination of progressive Christian teaching amongst children within the church, through a vibrant programme that offers a fun, safe, learning environment for all, while developing relationships with and supporting families associated with the congregation.
Langside Parish Church is an active and growing Christian community on the south side of Glasgow. We are an affirming church within the Church of Scotland.Our theology is open, inclusive and progressive, encouraging people to ask questions at all stages of life.
Our modern church building provides a valuable resource within the local community. Finn’s Place, our well-being project operates here, and has been running for five years. Our work with children and families in both congregation and community has been developing during that time.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating Sunday Children’s Group and oversight of programme, using appropriate curriculum that supports the inclusive and progressive approach of the church.
- Building on existing initiatives which seek to reach out and engage with children, young people and families, both inside and outside the church.
- Strengthening links and supporting new ventures with local schools and community groups.
- Investigating what types of activities and support children, families and young people in the community want/need;
- Completing a report for Langside Church as a result of this research.
- Developing meaningful future activities/support based on what is learned from this research.
- Fostering the development of volunteers in ministry with children and young people.
- Maintaining an accurate record of appropriate contact with children, families and young people which complies with GDPR requirements.
- Undertaking other tasks as may be delegated by his/her line manager.
Please download our full job description for details of essential requirements.
For more information and an application pack email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 8th March 2019